Although durable, concrete floors need
proper concrete-specific care to look their best.
Polished concrete is more popular than ever
With its attractive aesthetic, and durable, low-maintenance finish, polished concrete flooring is becoming a popular replacement for tile and resilient floors in many commercial, industrial, educational, and retail buildings. However, concrete is also highly absorbent and attracts and traps dirt, oil, dust, and even pathogens that can be health hazards.
Improper care can damage the surface, leaving it looking dull and grimy. Unfortunately, these same factors can lead to a slick unsafe surface for foot traffic.
- Eliminate stains and embedded dirt
- Remove floor stickers and adhesive residue
- Add a lustrous high shine to your previously matte floor
- Strip peeling paint and refinish your concrete floors
- Add a polishing system to breathe new life into your floors
- Keep your visitors and staff safe by adding anti-slip to your Care Guard
- Premium protective coating
A properly maintained polished concrete floor will last a lifetime. Corporate Care is here to help ensure your polished concrete floor lasts while also looking its best.
Your one-stop concrete cleaning and maintenance solution
We keep your polished concrete floors in top condition with preventative maintenance and regular cleaning to avoid unsightly damage. Our IICRC®-certified concrete cleaning specialists deliver a thorough, concrete-specific clean to extend the life of your investment and keep your concrete surface clean and beautiful.
We remove any dirt, grease, and grime build-up using special cleaning liquids to keep the surface clean, helping you deliver a great first impression every time. Let our experts design a proactive care plan that fits your needs and budget. All maintenance plans come with an appearance warranty.
Taking care of your flooring boosts employee morale and shows customers you care.
Breathe new life into your floors with concrete cleaning and maintenance
Want to completely transform the look of your concrete floors or replace tarnished or peeling finishes? Our concrete surface care experts can rejuvenate your exposed concrete.
After we remove stickers and perform a deep clean by scrubbing and buffing the surface, we use advanced mechanical equipment to grind the top concrete layer in preparation for its new finish or stain. Concrete resurfacing is a fantastic way to make your concrete look brand new again!
Protect your concrete flooring with specialty coatings and sealers
Concrete is naturally porous and needs a sealer or coating to help protect the floor from spills and stains that can seep into the pores. Our team will apply an impregnating sealant or anti-microbial performance coating that ensures a smooth, even finish. When this protective coating dries, your floors will have the desired anti-skid finish, matte, satin, or high gloss, that will protect the floors from wear, spills, and stains.
Our range of CareGuard sealers helps you restore and revitalize your floor with matte or glossy finishes while adding a protective layer to prevent future damage. We can also add a new layer of paint or stain to give your concrete a beautiful facelift.
- Deep scrub, clean, and buff
- Degrease the surface
- Concrete resurfacing
- Diamond hone and polish concrete surface
- Stain concrete to the desired color
- Apply penetrating sealer or coating for added protection and slip resistance
- Achieve the desired shine level
- Make your concrete easier to maintain
It’s never too late to treat your concrete floors with specialist care
High quality. Fair price. Legendary service.
Specialty surface care is about augmenting and supporting your current cleaning protocols. As deep cleaning specialists, we pride ourselves on delivering stunning results with sustainable solutions that are easy to maintain.
Corporate Care has the highest staff retention rates of any specialty surface care company in the US. Our Care Team averages 12+ years with the company!
Cement your commitment to corporate sustainability.
Concrete is a sustainable product because it doesn’t get replaced and is inherently flexible. You can hone and polish it to a finish of your choosing, stain it, paint it, or install another flooring product on top of it. Concrete can be quickly restored and changed to evolve with your building. It’s a floor that is built to last.
The team at Corporate Care is always looking for ways to increase efficiency in time and energy usage for our clients and their existing cleaning crews. Our restorative cleaning protocols and innovative protective coatings reduce wastewater, reduce or eliminate harsh chemicals, reduce maintenance frequency, and save energy.
CLIENTS + PARTNERS
Trusted by America’s top companies
Improving the appearance, performance, and longevity of surfaces in buildings across the US and Canada.
Let’s discuss the results you want to see.
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Concrete Flooring Questions
In general, we can remove oil stains with concrete polishing. However, it depends on a few elements, including the age and type of stain and the materials used in your concrete floor's original coating. Give us a call to assess the situation and provide you with some recommendations.
We recommend sweeping dust and debris from your concrete floors at least once a day and mopping them with warm soapy water and mild detergent 1-2 times a week, though heavy traffic floors may need to be cleaned more regularly. Beyond this basic care, we advise getting a professional deep cleaning every 6-12 months and adding an antimicrobial protective coating that will last 36-60 months.*
*CareGuard durability depends on the wear and tear of the location and the level of care or neglect the surface receives.
To get the best glossy shine on your concrete floors, we recommend buffing and polishing the surface and applying a professional-grade high shine top coat. Our CareGuard Premium coating is antimicrobial and resists scuffs and stains. In addition, an anti-skid additive can be added to reduce slips.
According to the Concrete Polishing Association of America’s research, polished concrete is the most slip-resistant flooring. This revelation came from CPAA-sponsored field workshops that performed a battery of tests, including measurements of the dynamic coefficient of friction (DCOF). As a result, it was determined that people walking on polished concrete floors would slip less often than those on almost any other floor.
It is common for a high gloss shine to be synonymous with slippery, but that is not always the case. If you’d like to increase the slip resistance of your concrete floors, we can include an anti-slip additive to your CareGuard Premium coating on your customized Care Plan.
It depends on the situation, condition of the floor, desired outcome, and budget.
We can polish concrete floors with diamond honing equipment and buff them to a polished shine. But that is more expensive and requires a lot of maintenance upkeep. That is one of the reasons many surface care companies prefer to offer hone and polishing as the best and only solution for concrete.
Hone and polish may be the right choice for the situation, and it may not. However, it's probably right for the provider's bottom line.
Trying to decide what solution is best for your flooring is where turning to a trusted advisor pays off. We offer the facility and property manager the best solution for their situation, budget, and goals.
Adding a semi-permanent coating on the floor eliminates many of the maintenance requirements, gets the shine level you desire, uses green cleaners, and avoids harsh chemicals.
- Sustainable and flexible: You can hone and polish it to a finish of your choosing, stain it, paint it, or install another flooring product on top of it. Concrete can be easily restored and changed to evolve with your building. It’s a floor that is built to last.
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost-effective than carpet, vinyl, or wood, and the maintenance costs are lower.
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy finishes like wax and the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. Not to mention the excessive water and caustic strippers that acrylic wax requires. Polished concrete can have a mechanical shine via honing and buffing or it can be achieved by an anti-microbial coating that is available in multiple shine levels. Our CareGuard Premium coating is not only antimicrobial, but it also resists scuff marks and stains and can last up to 60 months. The shine is easy for your existing cleaning crew to maintain.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. It also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements.
Concrete is a highly durable material. Maintaining the condition of your polished concrete floors has many benefits that include:
- Exposed concrete is all the rage for its sustainable corporate industrial look
- Polished concrete is smoother and easier to sweep and mop than textured surfaces like luxury vinyl tiles or tiles with grout lines
- Your sealed concrete is not only shiny and beautiful, but it also resists stains
- Delivers a great first impression that has a clean and welcoming appearance that is easy to maintain
If you look at your polished concrete floor and see any of these imperfections, it is time to restore your flooring.
- Spots and stains
- Uneven concrete surface
- Discoloration due to floor stickers
- Overall dull and non-reflective appearance
- Scuff marks, scratches, or scrapes
- Flaking or concrete spalling - a breakdown of concrete via natural weathering or chemical reaction - looks like pitted acne scarring